This Website is operated by Lion – Beer, Spirits & Wine (NZ) Limited ("Lion" or “we”, “us” or “our”). Lion is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information it holds about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by applicable law. Lion has implemented measures to comply with its obligations under the relevant New Zealand privacy laws.
WHY DOES LION COLLECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Lion collects your personal information to allow it to perform its business functions. For example, Lion may collect your personal information to enable you to participate in a Lion promotion or to allow Lion to market its current and future products and services to you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES LION COLLECT?
The types of personal information Lion collects will depend on the nature of your dealings with Lion and may (but does not always) include:
• your name;
• date of birth;
• personal and/or work contact details (e.g. phone numbers and email addresses);
• any information about you which you provide through promotions, competitions or customer surveys; and/or
• payment details (e.g. credit card number).
If necessary, Lion may also ask you to provide it with additional personal information from time to time, including when you email our consumer enquiries address.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T PROVIDE LION THE PERSONAL INFORMATION IT REQUIRES?
If you can’t, or won’t, provide Lion with the personal information it reasonably requires, Lion may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested.
HOW DOES LION COLLECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Lion tries to collect personal information directly from you. That collection generally occurs when you:
• request information from, or have dealings directly with Lion or one of its related companies;
• participate in a competition or trade promotion conducted by Lion or one of its related companies;
• participate in a survey conducted by Lion or one of its related companies;
• purchase tickets or merchandise from this Website;
• post comments or otherwise supply information through this Website;
• voluntarily register as a user of this Website (see below section on ‘Made to Match Database’); or
• access or request information from this Website.
In some circumstances however, Lion may also collect your personal information from third parties, but where it does so, it will ensure that it acts in accordance with relevant privacy laws.
Lion will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which it collects your personal information.
HOW DOES LION USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Lion uses your personal information for purposes including (but not limited to):
• communicating with you;
• providing you with goods or services you request;
• conducting research (including but not limited to client surveys) concerning Lion’s current and future products or services; and
• improving the operation or navigation of this Website.
Lion may also use your personal information for other purposes not listed above which will be made clear to you at the time Lion collects that information, or for such purposes as may be required or permitted by law.
If Lion uses your personal information for direct marketing purposes, all electronic messages sent to you by Lion will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any further electronic messages.
WILL LION GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO ANYONE ELSE?
In providing you with the information, goods or services you request, Lion may be required to disclose your personal information to:
• Lion’s related companies (including those located in Australia and New Zealand);
• Parties who Lion has engaged with to develop ‘Made to Match’ and Website, namely Television New Zealand Limited (“TVNZ”) and Brandworld Limited (“Brandworld”); and
• Lion’s consultants, contractors and service providers performing services including (but not limited to) legal and accounting services, advertising and promotions agencies, prize providers, credit reporting, mail-house, transport and printing services.
Other than those third parties referred to above, Lion will not disclose your personal information to any other third party unless it has reasonable grounds to believe:
• you have authorised Lion to do so;
• your safety, or the safety of others in the community, is at risk; or
• Lion is required or permitted by law to do so.
If Lion provides your personal information to a third party, Lion generally requires the third party to protect your personal information in the same way Lion does.
MADE TO MATCH DATABASE
If you wish to receive email or text marketing communication about ‘Made to Match’, you can ‘opt in’ and join the ‘Made to Match’ mailing list when prompted on the Website registration page . Promotions offered on the Website from time to time may also give you the opportunity to ‘opt in’ if you have not already done so.
Personal Information collected on this ‘Made to Match’ database will be jointly owned by Lion, TVNZ and Brandworld (“Database Owners”). By ‘opting in’ to the ‘Made to Match’ mailing list, you consent to the use of your information by the Database Owners at any time for the following purposes:
• any marketing, promotional, educational or research purposes related to ‘Made to Match’, including the items (food and alcohol) and videos featured;
• promoting and marketing the Database Owners’ current and future products and services to you; and
• informing you of upcoming events, special promotions and offers, discounts and other matters which the Database Owners consider may be of interest to you.
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
Lion takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is protected from risks such as loss, unauthorised access, use, destruction, modification or disclosure.
No data transmission over the internet is totally secure. As a result, any personal information you send to Lion over the Internet (including via email) is sent at your own risk.
Information sent by you to this Website is not encrypted. You acknowledge that we do not guarantee the security of the content of any such information, and it is entirely your responsibility to satisfy yourself as to whether our security measures are sufficient for your requirements.
YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION
The accuracy of your personal information is important. Lion takes reasonable steps to ensure personal information it holds about you is accurate, complete, up-to-date, relevant and not misleading. If you believe that any personal information Lion holds about you is incorrect, please contact us at the email address stated below.
You have a general right to access the personal information Lion holds about you. You may contact us at the email address stated below. Lion can deny your request in some circumstances and if it does so, will provide you with written reasons for that denial.
While there is no fee for requesting access to the personal information Lion holds about you, Lion reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information which Lion holds about you. You may do so at any time by contacting us at the email address stated below. Lion does however reserve the right to refuse to correct your information in some circumstances. If Lion refuses to correct any personal information about you, and subsequent agreement cannot be reached between the parties on this issue, you may request that a note or statement regarding the correction requested be attached to your personal information.
Cookies are data files stored on your computer after you access certain websites. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (e.g. Windows or Mac), Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain (whether you are accessing the website from New Zealand or elsewhere).
Cookies are primarily used to identify visitors when they return to a site, so that certain information already provided by the visitor to a site is not required to be provided again. Cookies are also used to gather data on which areas of a site are visited frequently and which are not. Keeping data on which areas of a site are most popular allows a site operator to better plan and enhance the site. Cookies are useful, and are used by us in this manner.
We acknowledge that some users may wish to disable cookies. This can be done by changing your web browser settings and/or deleting them from your hard drive.
To find out more about cookies, visit an appropriate website.
Lion’s web servers (and our feedback forms on the web) gather your IP address to help diagnose problems with our service, to administer this Website, and to gather broad user information (for example, which areas of this Website are visited most frequently). Such user information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
Lion may share aggregated demographic information with its affiliates, partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
You and Lion agree that any controversy or claim arising or pertaining from the collection or use of your personal information shall be governed by the laws of New Zealand. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
HOW DO I OBTAIN MORE INFORMATION OR LODGE A PRIVACY COMPLAINT?
• have any concerns or a complaint regarding Lion’s privacy practices or its management of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
Lion will respond to you within 20 business days.
Last updated 22/05/2013